By: National Geographic
Originally published in: United States
Language: Simplified Chinese and English
Lines per page: 3-6 lines
Price per book: $7.25
Audio book: Scan a QR code inside the book to access Free audio book read in both English and Chinese; or read by Luka®. Luka only reads these 8 books in Chinese, NOT English.
Nature-loving kids ages 3 and up will be thrilled to explore the world through the brilliant pictures in this awe-inspiring set of books. Curl up with your child and invite him to be inspired by the beauty of our world.
We love these books because:
- They are about subjects kids care about
- They include simple, engaging stories with short text, 3-6 lines per page.
- They are factual but do not rely on a ton of jargon.
- English text is provided below the main narratives.
- They are filled with the unforgettable real-life pictures we have all come to expect from the NatGeo brand.
- Word bubbles prompt questions that make science relatable to a child's everyday life.
- Craft projects or games are suggested at the end of each book, helping parents and teachers turn these books into interactive learning experiences.
Books topics : 美国国家地理 探索世界小百科
《动物宝宝 Animal Babies》
《树的成长 The Growing Tree》
English text is provided for the main portion of Chinese text. English text is NOT provided for text bubbles that ask questions and give additional information. Please see examples below:
Is my child ready for this set?
"Read to me":
Children ages 3+ will enjoy having these books read to them either by Luka® or a caregiver.
"Read by myself":
The limited text per page, and the use of common language to explore science makes this series ideal for beginning readers 5+
Option to pair with Luka®:
Consider adding Luka®, the reading robot, to your order. Luka® reads 70,000 books in Mandarin Chinese!
Set Luka® in front of the book, and it will read aloud any page your child turns to-- creating a unique, independent physical book reading experience even if your child isn't ready to read by themselves. Click to read our founders' personal review of Luka here.