Originally published in: Italy
Format: interactive board book
Language: Simplified Chinese with Pinyin
Lines per page: 1 short lines
Pages per book: 12
Price per book: $11.42
Audio: all 6 books read by Luka.
Intended to entice the attention of the youngest readers or beginner readers, this smartly-designed interactive board book series features:
- Bold colors
- Engaging illustrations with clear edges and simple background to attract young reader's attention
- Interactive holes on every page for little hands to explore
- Text that mostly rhymes, translated into Chinese by beloved author and children's literature scholar 方素珍
- Frequently used vocabulary about numbers, colors, types of vehicles, animals, fruits and vegetables in Chinese
- Key words introduced by rhyme or a brief story with expanded vocabulary
- English translations of the key words
- Pinyin to help fledging readers and parents who are learning Chinese with their children
我会数一数 I Can Count
From 1 frog to 10 bees, each number of animals are introduced in a rhyme. Each adorable page has holes corresponding to the number in the story, yet all the holes in all the pages form the frog's eye.
马戏团 The Circus
Red, orange, yellow, blue...The circus is on and all colors are out! Each page's magic hole also features a different shape: circle, star, square...Call out the colors, trace the shapes, and sing with the rhymes!
毛毛虫吃什么呢 What Does A Caterpillar Eat?
A caterpillar climbs up to different fruits and vegetables looking for something to eat: an apple, a pearl, an eggplant... Finally, he finds a piece of leaf and has a delicious meal!
我最喜欢车子 I Love Wheels
Steamroller, bicycle, motorcycle, bulldozer, fire engine...who are they? what do they do? You and your little one will find out in this adorable story about vehicles.
猫头鹰说故事 The Owl's Stories
Let Owl, the story teller, introduce different animals to your child in rhymes: fish, crab, sea horse and more.
我会念ABC I Can Say My ABCs
Each alphabet letter is made into a hole, and introduced by an English word that starts with that letter.
This set is 6.1 inch X 6.6 inch (15.5cm X 16.8cm).
Book titles:《我会数一数》I Can Count
《毛毛虫吃什么呢》What Does A Caterpillar Eat?
《我最喜欢车子》I Love Wheels
《猫头鹰说故事》The Owl's Stories
《我会念ABC》I Can Say My ABC
Note: LUKA DOES NOT READ THIS SET
Is my child ready for this set?
Read to me: Babies and children ages 0-3 will enjoy having these books read to them while touching, flipping and playing with the pages.
Read by myself: The limited text per page, and the prevalence of repetitive common language, makes this series suitable for beginning readers ages 3-5.