By: 梁英，钟兆绘, 钟彧 etc.
Originally published in: China
Language: Simplified Chinese
Pages per book: 28-33
Lines per page: 1-2 short lines
Price per book: $8.25
Audio book: Luka reads 9 books of this 10 book collection
These 10 original Chinese books are a must-have for any Chinese speaking baby or preschooler. They will surely attract the attention of a little one who is just starting their Chinese learning journey!
We love this adorable collection because:
- Each book is written by Chinese authors; some with images representing Chinese families and culture
- Each story is beautifully illustrated and created just for the youngest readers
- Each book teaches a different type of essential first vocabulary for the early Chinese learners
- Key vocabulary repeats throughout the stories, emphasizing some of the first words that most Chinese-speaking children ever utter
- The stories are so gentle and sweet that reading them is a true bonding experience for parents and children
- Each book has a different artistic style, providing a diverse visual experience to young readers
- 9 books in this set is readable by Luka.
In Big and Small (大大的，小小的, dà dà de, xiǎo xiǎo de), children will learn to use 大(dà, big) and 小 (dà, small) to describe essential everyday objects: 被子(bèi zǐ, blanket)，梳子(shū zǐ, hair brush)，马桶(mǎ tǒng, toilet)，牙刷(yá shuā, tooth brush) ...
In Family (一家人, yī jiā rén), children will learn the names of animals and daily objects and where these objects "sleep": the 鱼 (yú, fish) family sleeps in the鱼缸 (yú gāng, fish tank); the 书 (shū, book) family sleeps in the 书架(shū jià, bookshelf); the 碗 (wǎn, bowl) family sleeps in the 碗橱 (wǎn chú, cabinet); and 爸爸(bà bà, daddy), 妈妈(mā mā, mommy) and me sleep on the bed...
In Hug (抱抱, bào bào), children will learn their very first words: 抱抱 (bào bào, hug/pick up) and 手拉手 (shǒu lā shǒu, hold hands). The phrases repeat throughout the adorable story with an elephant hugging his animal friends。
In The Little Fish Meets the Little Bird (小鱼遇到小鸟, xiǎo yú yù dào xiǎo niǎo), children will learn that fish 游 (yóu, swim) and birds 飞 (fēi, fly).
In Who Is the Tallest (谁最高, shuí zuì gāo), children will learn to use the comparison structure "...比...高 (bǐ ...gāo...)" as well as vocabulary of everyday household items. They will be delighted by this lighthearted story when the family cat unexpectedly wins the contest of "who is the tallest"!
《大大的，小小的》Big and Small
《爸爸变成了什么》What Has Dad Turned Into?
《谁最高》Who Is The Tallest?
《怎样叫醒胖小猪》How to Wake Up the Piggly
《月亮说晚安》The Moon Says Good Night
《好喜欢妈妈》I Love Mom
《小鱼遇到小鸟》The Little Fish Meets the Little Bird
* Luka currently does NOT read this one book 《抱抱》Hug. Luka is working hard to add new books to its library. Stay tuned.
Is my child ready for this set?
"Read to me": very young kids ages 1+ will enjoy having these books read to them either by Luka or a caregiver.
"Read by myself": ages 4-8. Children with 200 frequently used characters will feel a sense of accomplishment reading these books independently.
Option to pair with Luka : Luka reads 9 books in this 10-book collection.
Set Luka in front of a book, and it will read aloud any page your child turns to, creating an independent physical book reading experience even if your child can't read by herself yet.